“I have but one life, and I will not disrespect the infinity improbability of my existence by squandering it daydreaming about what could have been.
Only a big life, a life filled with adventure and effort and passion, will be large enough to hold love and keep it burning, without crumbling under its weight or being consumed by its fire.”
Lost nearly 30 lbs since the beginning of last semester.
Feels good yall
What hurts more, the pain of hard work, or the pain of regret?
I don’t know what happened, but I’ve started doing nice things for people again. I used to all the time, and then I stopped for a spell. I don’t know why I did. It feels good
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box
But then came the day
I climbed out of these safe limbs
Walking tall, head high up and singing
I went to the city
Car horns, corners and the gritty
Now I am the proudest monkey you’ve ever seen
Then comes the day
Staring at myself, I turn to question me
I wonder, do I want the simple, simple life that I once lived in well?
Oh things were quiet then
In a way, they were the better days
But now I am the proudest monkey you’ve ever seen
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
20. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
“Where there is attachment, there is fear. And love cannot coexist with fear”